I've been interviewed by the lovely Janine. Here's how it started:
If you want to be interviewed just leave me a message
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me. Make sure I have your email adress”
2. I will respond by emailing you 5 questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
So here are the questions Janine asked me:
1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A lawyer or a journalist. My Mum wouldn't let me be a journalist because it wasn't "a very ladylike profession!" - seriously, she said that. And she was a journalist! When women didn't do that sort of stuff. Work that one out. I did do a couple of law papers at university but was only half-hearted about it I worked for 22 years in a legal environment surrounded by lawyers so lots of people thought I was one anyway even though I wasn't! I ended up in Operations and Change Management.
2. If you could chose a different name what would it be?
I like my name. Melissa. It's fine. When I was a kid I wanted to be called Rebecca or Genevieve!
3. What was once important to you, but is less so now?
Status. Having a senior job and people knowing about it. When I 'retired' I had to get over it pretty fast. I'm happy being a domestic goddess thesedays.
4. Fill in the blank: Going to ...........taught me that.......
Going to Rarotonga taught me that the best holidays could be spent doing absolutely nothing.
5. How are you like your mum?
We both abhor spelling mistakes especially on professional signs. When we eat out together it's almost a race to find the typos on the menu.
Our family comes first.