Wednesday, September 27, 2006

TONIGHT'S MENU...

We have guests for dinner. We're eating...

Nibbles: Olives, cheese and crackers

Main:
Morroccan Chicken Tagine with tomatoes and honey saffron jam
Spicy couscous
Aromatic Tunisian Roasted Carrot salad

Dessert:
Indonesian Nutmeg Cake
and nutmeg flavoured yoghurt


Main course recipes courtesy of Travis Clive-Griffin who owns Salute restaurant in Greytown.

The girls doing my circle journal may have seen the dessert recipe as my contribution to Delys's journal - don't worry Delys, I'm not disclosing the recipe here!). It's from an amazing book called "Bake your cake and eat it, too" by an Aussie chef called Tamara Milstein.

Both Travis and Tamara were guest tutors at the Ruth Pretty Cooking School. Ruth Pretty Cooking classes are one of my favourite outings.

Thanks to Caitlin and Elliot who played happily all afternoon while I prepared dinner. That made it so easy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we were your dinner guests! lol
Have a great night.

Anonymous said...

Wow that sounds wonderful, was making my mouth water. That cake sounds yummy!! Enjoy the night!!

Unknown said...

Second that wish I were a guest too.

Penny said...

Yum! Oh you!
I want to come to tea too!

Anonymous said...

Yum .. maybe you could share the dessert recipe once the CJ is home again???