Sunday, May 07, 2006

HERO - MARK 2


Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions to zing up the "Hero' page. At 11pm last night I read all your comments and had a go.

Thanks for the lace suggestion, Delys. My sister is a really good dressmaker so lace and buttons were great personal additions. The sequins took a while to add but I like them. (I had acrylic nails done about 10 days ago - boy, do long nails make all that fiddly work really hard. Glueing sequins, affixing brads - it's taking me twice as long as usual!). Anyway, I filled in all the 'gaps' with a foam stamp inked with Versa Mark ink and then brushed the ink with Pearl Ex - haven't had that out of the cupboard for ages - it's fun. I think I gotcarried away with the Pearl Ex- and altogether it's a good, not great page but, hey, another page finished! Only 2 pages to go now and the album is finished (and it's still a month to the birthday!).


PS What do you make of the little slidey thing on the side of my blog. Thanks to the lovely Suz for introducing me to them and for offernig to help get it published when I got stuck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that certainly looks finished now Mel. I clicked on the layout and viewed the large size and couldn't believe the amout of detail in it. That lace really does finish things off nicely. Like the slider by the way too.

Jane said...

brilliant Mel ! it looks so fab ! well done . Love the slidy thing........gonna definately have a go at that too !

Ali said...

Wow that rocks Mel, wish I'd seen it sooner. Have enlarged and agree with Lynda, that lace is just beautiful!!

Lara said...

that looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Looks good Mel. You wouldn't think it was the same layout. What a lot of detail you did!!!


Your sister will love this!!! What a cool pressie.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel
I missed your earlier post and (though I do like the white of the first version) LOVE what you did with all the suggestions ... nice to have scrappy friends willing to share ideas!!
What a brilliant idea for a pressie. I'd like to be your sister :)