Tuesday, May 30, 2006

BEFORE



Today I am posting photos of our kitchen. Before. Before we put in the new one. We finalised the new kitchen specs with our kitchen designer yesterday. It's so exciting. On Saturday we went and bought ALL the new appliances. We're even getting one of those monster fridges that dispenses ice and cold water. We always said we wouldn't waste the extra money on that but then we thought "how often do you replace a refrigerator?". So we did it.

I am so over our current ktichen. We inherited it when we bought our house 4 years ago. It's too frilly, too yellow, too blue and too wooden for me. The only good thing about it is that it's really big. Can't wait for the neutral colours of the new one (oh and the red glass splashback - that will be cool).

Watch this space (it might be a while but it'll be worth waiting for).

7 comments:

Ali said...

Wow! How exciting Mel, a new space to play in with your paint and stamps. Excellent fun - can't wait to see the pics.

Penny said...

Yay for new kitchens! I'm so jelly! :P

I do think your old one looks nice though - so much nicer than mine ;) It is great to get new appliances though ...I just ordered a new oven and I'm so excited! LOL!

Donna said...

How exciting! You'll adore your new kitchen. It will be worth the wait. We have one of those fridges - I love it!

Lara said...

oooh, a new kitchen - fantastic!

Anonymous said...

ohhh can't wait to see the photos. How excting. I love the space you have. Those fridges rock!

Lynda said...

Wow, excitement plus Mel, I am dreaming of a new kitchen, but it will be a while away yet. Good luck with the construction process.

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! Will there be a new kitchen by the time I'm in town???