Friday, October 28, 2005

OK - this is my firstever attempt at blogging. I called my blog 'eMpTy page ' 'cos that's what you're faced with when you sit at the computer. It kind of throws up all sorts of possibilities - how to fill that empty page. Or do you need to?

I love all sorts of craft work (but scrapbooking is tops) and I've always used a little logo on my cards and painted pots and whatever the latest craft fad is. The logo is always eMpTy something like "eMpTy cards" or "eMpTy pots" or whatever. My initials are MT - get it?

I read an article in the paper today about Oscar award-winning composer Tan Dun (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon). He's really into tea (as I am) and when in China visited a Chinese nun for a tea ceremony. Instead of inviting him for tea she produced empty cups. "We were so surprised but she said "Tea is in your mind" The colour, the meaning of everything is in your mind. If you have things in your mind your bowl is full, if your mind is empty, the bowl is empty".

3 comments:

lianne said...

Wow cool concept Mel. Love your title/logo. I know I'll love your blog.

Delys said...

Hi Mel, Love the title of your blog! This blogging thing is very addictive too Im finding...but what the heck..who wants to do housework anyway?Im looking at Karens CJ today but have put it away again as I think about it some more....

Faye said...

Wow those Chinese,they really know how to say it don't they. Great little story.

Faye