Tuesday, April 15, 2008

EIGHT IS GREAT!



We have an 8 year old in the house! My baby turned 8 on Sunday.

We like to spread out the birthday celebrations so we had a family meal on Sunday. He was allowed to choose where we went and he chose..... yum char at Grand Century in Tory Street. A boy of immaculate taste, I'd say.

This coming Saturday he has an army themed party - Action Indoor Sports run by the lovely Vanessa Chatfield (daughter of the famous cricketer!), and pizza at home for 9friends.

And because I'm not working this week I have time to turn to my domestic goddess side. So this morning I thought outside the square and made these 'ration packs' instead of loot bags. Now for the army cake...




(The cake in the photo is courtesy of Moore Wilson's as I totally forgot about it on his actual birthday because I knew I was making the real birthday cake for his Saturday party.) Ah well - we all need two cakes.

8 comments:

mimbles said...

The rat packs are a very cool idea, you'll have to post a pic of the army cake when it's done too! We've just had a Dungeons and Dragons themed 11th birthday at our place, I narrowly avoided having to produce a dragon cake for that one, we went with dice instead.

Anonymous said...

what a great party idea love it!!! The rations packs are fab. Happy Birthday Elliot.

Anonymous said...

Great party packs :)
Happy birthday Elliot!

Anonymous said...

Very clever Mel on those ration packs! Love it! Good luck with the cake Im sure its gonna be a hit too.
You are a wonder woman really!

Penny said...

great idea! looking forward to seeing the ake :) A tank maybe? Trench and ditch fortification?

Sharon said...

Happy birthday to him!! I miss yum char....

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome! DS who is turning 11 later in the year would love that idea. What is the sports events like?

Roo said...

Happy 8th birthday. Super idea to do the ration packs too.