Thursday, December 22, 2005

ONE FINE DAY...







ONE FINE DAY...


My sister and her husband and kids are coming to stay on Christmas Eve and our guest room needs a makeover. So the kids suggested we make a new 'art work' for the wall instead. This is what we whipped up. It's one of my favourite poems. I used it for for my Circle Journal this year which was a recipe book. The room also houses my collection of hearts so one day my plan is to do it up all romanticy (is that a word?) for visitors. The poem reads..



Recipe for Happiness (Khaborovsk or anywhere)...

"One grand boulevard with trees
with one grand cafe in sun
with strong black coffee in very small cups.

One not necessarily very beautiful
manor woman who loves you.

One fine day."


Lawrence Ferlinghetti

1 comment:

Lara said...

love both lots of artwork Mel - the Hearts look funky & love how you've illustrated the poem. 'Romanticaly' might be the word you are after!